In today’s time, people try to determine their roofs based on their preference and liking as much as possible. At times, they decide to purchase their roofs based on their physical appearance, longevity, durability, price, and roofing material. What is the point of having a roof if it doesn’t provide any use, right? As a matter of fact, many homeowners are concerned with their roofs because it will serve as a shield for their house against external forces, like weather and unexpected events that may occur at any moment. If your existing roof needs a total transformation, there are lots of materials that are available for you. One of these materials could be steel.
What is a Steel Roof?
A steel roof is a roof made out of steel. Apart from that, steel roofs are known for their high resistance, impermeability, and longevity throughout the years.
What is the best roof in the Philippines?
Although there are plenty of roofs in the Philippines, we cannot say or guarantee the roof that is the best among the rest. Roofs are made with different materials because they are fit and suitable for each architectural style. All roofs are superior because they have their purpose, which is unique from one another. Ranking them will be a waste of time because each roof is beneficial for home and building owners no matter what their type and color are.
Aside from wood, fiberglass, clay, concrete, slate, and tiles, steel roofs are also good to consider. Steel roofing in the Philippines is known for being exceptionally strong and affordable. With that, steel roofs bring superior durability to your home and buildings. Its durability asset will lessen your expenses upon repairing such issues, like broken parts or leaks, as you can avoid these impending problems by using the right material.
According to Roof Cost Estimator, steel roofs are not susceptible to rot, decay, mold growth, discoloration, or termite infestation. If you are looking for a roof that has a long service life, a steel roof is perfect for you because it can last up to 50 years.
Pros and Cons of Steel Roofing:
- Exceptionally stable – steel roofs are known for being strong enough to resist severe weather conditions, such as harsh climates and extreme temperature fluctuations. With the presence of a steel roof for your house, you are making yourself safe and sheltered against storm, snow, wind, and even fire from time to time.
- Durability – steels are naturally a hard substance. With that, your roof can last for an extended period without being too much damaged. The reason for that is because of its durable quality, which is very beneficial in many ways. As of today, steel is being used in commercial and industrial construction because of this advantage.
- Longevity – steel roofs are known to last up to 50 years. With that, this type of roof is convenient for homeowners who do not want to spend too much money on changing roofs from time to time. Every peso counts, so you have to choose a good roofing material to save you from spending too much.
- Minimal maintenance – homeowners typically want roofs that are free from maintenance. Fortunately, steel roofs are just like that. You can occasionally wash your steel roof to remove any debris, and then that’s it. This type of roof doesn’t require too much of your attention, which is a huge relief.
- It helps the environment – steel roofs are not made from toxic materials compared to others. Unlike asphalt, steel is not reliant on the use of the oil industry, which contributes to the betterment of our environment.
- Aesthetic appeal – steel roofs are available in a variety of colors. Thanks to cutting-edge technological advancements, steel roofs are available in a multitude of styles and color selections.
- The only disadvantage of a steel roof is that it can be noisy, especially during the rainy season. Most of you are aware that steel is a metal, which implies that noise may be heard whenever something falls on it. However, Roof Cost Estimators opposes this idea. According to them, steel roofs are not susceptible to noise during the rainy season. Do you know why? It is because it has a layer of insulation that leads to noise reduction.
Steel roofs are pretty usual in the Philippines. If you are currently looking or will look for a steel roof provider, here are some of the companies to keep you posted.
Steel Roof Providers in the Philippines
- DN Group of Companies – DN Group is in line with the construction industry in the Philippines. It is a company that is focused on long span roofing and insulation products for more than two decades as of today. If you are planning to have a steel roof, this company is present to be of help to you.If you want to know more about DN Steel’s roof products, you could visit its website at DN Steel (Roofing). Also, you could visit them directly at Unit A 6th Floor, 1388 Quezon Ave., Barangay. South Triangle, Quezon City, Philippines.
- Puyat Steel Corporation – If you are planning to purchase a steel roof for your home, office, or warehouse, Puyat Steel Corporation can be of help to you. As a company, they galvanize iron sheets for construction, building, and roofing materials. They are known for providing the right roofing solution for you, which is built and installed by their experts. Apart from that, Puyat Steel has a beautifully designed roofing profile for you to decide on. To know more about their offered roof products, you could visit its website at Puyat Steel. Also, you could visit them directly at 2/F Alegria Alta Bldg., 2294 Don Chino Roces Extn. Magallanes, Makati City, Philippines (Beside Toyota Pasong Tamo).
- Colorsteel – Aside from the two companies mentioned above, Colorsteel is also available to help you with your roofing needs. As a company, they are committed to providing a reliable roof for every home and business in the Philippines. Whether it will be used for residential, commercial, and industrial purposes, Colorsteel is present to provide an excellent practical solution for different roofing requirements. To know more about their products, you could visit its website at Colorsteel. Also, you could visit them directly at 3/F, Belson House Building, 271 EDSA Corner Connecticut Street, Greenhills, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
For those people who want their roof to serve as an asset for a long time, steel roofs are always a wise choice. With the three companies mentioned above, you can visit their profiles or ask them in person if you have any inquiries as regards to steel roofing. No matter what type of roof it is that you prefer, steel roofs will always be the right choice.
You may also want to check out a previous article titled “What are the Most Trusted Roofing Materials in the Philippines?” to know more about roofings in the country.