As of today, a lot of people now realize the advantages of steel and its importance in our lives. Construction industries in the Philippines and even abroad are now using all kinds of steels because of its reliability, durability, lightweight property, and consistency. As a material, it has been proven to be useful and practical when it comes to creating such infrastructures. Aside from ordinary steel, the presence of “light steel framing” has also been recognized in the world of residential and commercial construction. It is utilized by homeowners, engineers, and architects from all over the world in their profession. In fact, light steel framing is the best choice for framing walls, ceilings, floors, and trusses because of its numerous advantages that the majority is not familiar with.
For those of you who are not aware of what a “light steel frame” is, we will discuss some of the information about it to keep you posted. To have a better grasp of the topic, here is the flow of what we will cover:
- What is a Light Steel Frame?
- Is Light Steel Frame Better Than Wood?
- Light Steel Frame Providers in the Philippines
What is a Light Steel Frame?
A light steel frame is used by construction industries to form the ‘skeleton’ frame of a building or any other infrastructure. According to Designing Buildings, the utilization of the steel frame is commonly used in industrial, high-rise, warehouse, residential buildings, and so on. Apart from that, a light steel frame is considered to be high in strength. It also has the ability to span vast distances and is easy to install, like the others.
Is Light Steel Frame Better Than Wood?
According to Whirlwind Steel, there is a lot of advantages that a light steel frame can provide to its users. As mentioned in their website, steel is lighter than wood. With that, the lighter material has the advantage of having cheaper shipping costs compared to others. Apart from its lightweight property, steels are also recyclable and versatile materials, unlike wood, which can help you to save more money and have better results in the long run.
Aside from the information mentioned above, General Steel Buildings explains that steel buildings are more durable than wood. It can resist water damage and does not warp like what wood does. With that, a steel frame can withstand harsh weather conditions, such as hurricane and forced winds from time to time. From that, it can be concluded that a light steel frame is stronger than wood.
Light Steel Frame Providers in the Philippines
As of today, steel is pretty much a common material that is used in construction industries. With that, there are lots of companies in the county that are present to be of help to you. If you are looking for a light steel frame provider in the Philippines, here are some of the most reliable and trusted companies for you to choose from:
- JEA STEEL Industries, Inc.– If you are currently looking or will look for a light steel frame provider in the Philippines, this company is an excellent choice to consider. Since 1994, JEA Steel Industries Inc. is focused and dedicated to manufacturing world-class light gauge steel profiles for drywall partitions, ceiling assemblies, T-runners, hat-type, c-purlins, and steel door jambs to its customers without delay and failure. For twenty-five years, the company has produced numerous premium quality products that are attuned to the needs of every customer. Its flagship brand, which is JEA-Maxx, is “the only light steel frame provider in the Philippines that has the PS (Product Standard) mark seal of quality.” Apart from that, it fully supports such global movements to preserve the environment by taking the lead in manufacturing environment-friendly products.
According to them, their light steel framing has lots of advantages that come with it, such as its lightweight property, environment-friendly quality, and cost compared to fire-hazard and conventional wood-frames. They mainly offer light steel frames that are made of galvanized iron. These frames can be used for ceiling and drywall assemblies. Some of their light steel frames include Batten, C-Channel, Furring Channel, Double U-Clip, Drive Pins, Studs, Wall Angle, and so on.
If you want to know more about them and their offered light steel frames, you could visit its website at JEA STEEL Industries, Inc. Also, you could visit them directly at Lot 99 Samonte Street, Matandang Balara, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- PPR Light Steel Framing System Inc.-If you want a company that emphasizes quality in all phases of the manufacturing process, then PPR Light Steel Framing Inc. is the perfect one for you. They manufacture numerous framing members for both structural and non-structural framing in the Philippines. As a company, they ensure that they provide you with the highest possible quality of light steel framing. PPR’s light steel framing systems are lightweight and easy to install. It also provides strength and stability to ensure you of its quality.
If you want to know more about them and their offered light steel frame products, you could visit its website at PPR Light Steel Framing System Inc. Also, you could visit them directly at 610 C. Raymundo Avenue, Brgy. Maybunga, Pasig City, Philippines.
The two light steel frame providers, as mentioned above, are both reliable companies in the Philippines. With that, JEA STEEL Industries, Inc. and PPR Light Steel Framing System Inc. are both excellent in terms of their products and services. Trusting one of them can surely help you with your metal requirements.
Even if light steel frames are not that popular, unlike the others, it still has its advantages that can help construction industries in terms of building infrastructures. According to Steel Frames Solutions, steel is, by nature, a superior construction material. With that, people should be aware of it to see what it can offer. If you have anything you want to know about steel frames, you could visit an existing shop to ask your inquiries and to have better assistance when it comes to this subject matter.